Goodwill Industries Volunteer Services (GIVS) is a group of dedicated individuals who volunteer their time and skills to support Goodwill’s mission.
Who Can Volunteer?
Our volunteers enhance our services and programs making a difference in the lives of those we serve. Many opportunities are available for you to volunteer your time.
- Volunteers must be age 14 or older
- An application form must be completed. Applications are available online and will be reviewed by the Volunteer Services Department before placement
- A background check is performed on all potential volunteers
- Orientation and training is provided to all new volunteers. These sessions may be conducted by the manager of volunteer services or by a program supervisor
- Goodwill does not accept any court-ordered volunteers (i.e. community service)
With all the different opportunities, your time spent volunteering can be anywhere from one hour per month to five hours per day. We will work with your schedule and availability.
We need volunteers in Milwaukee, Waukesha and Racine counties where help is needed for a variety of mission programs and services. We do not have a need for volunteers in our Goodwill Store & Donation Centers.