Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc. is the largest of more than 165 Goodwill organizations in the world and has been providing services since 1919. More than 5,700 Goodwill employees work in over 90 locations throughout our 23-county territory in southeastern Wisconsin and metropolitan Chicago. Our service territory consists of thirteen full or partial counties in southeastern Wisconsin, and ten full or partial counties in northeastern Illinois. Goodwill’s territory covers more than 12,000 square miles of land area, ranging from Green Lake, Fond du Lac, and Sheboygan counties on the north, to Danville, Illinois, on the south, and west to Janesville, Wisconsin. This territory encompasses some of the most populated areas of both states, including Cook, Du Page, Will and Lake counties in Illinois, and Milwaukee County in Wisconsin.
Our mission is to provide training, employment and supportive services for people with disabilities or disadvantages who seek greater independence. Employment and training are Goodwill’s primary focus, assisting men and women to develop their job skills and secure work opportunities that fulfill their personal and professional goals. As the economy struggles, the need for our services continues to grow. Last year, Goodwill provided services to more than 61,000 men and women with disabilities and disadvantages. We employ more people with disabilities (28% of their workforce) than any private-sector business in the area.
Goodwill carries out its mission by providing the following services:
- A variety of training programs and employment services for people with disabilities and disadvantages.
- Support and resources for the chronically unemployed, dislocated workers and other job seekers.
- A resource for the community members to donate their clothing and household items, and purchase quality, value-priced items at our Goodwill Store & Donation Centers.
- Laundry and linen services for area hospitals and the hospitality industry.
- Packaging, assembly, inspection, and other light manufacturing services for area businesses.
- Staffing, contract to hire, direct placement and recruiting services for area employers.
- Document destruction services for area companies.
- Food, logistic, and laundry services for the federal government.
- Services for seniors including day programs, case management, shopping and errand services, home-delivered meals and Goodwill Dining Centers
- The Goodwill Cares provides assistance with clothing, furniture and other household items for those in need in partnership with local nonprofit agencies.